Thursday, January 31, 2008

One Night I had a Dream

One night I had a dream.I dreamed I was walking along the beach with GodAnd across the sky flashed scenes from my life.For each scene, I noticed two pairs of footprints inThe sand, one belonging to me and the other to God.

When the last scene of my life flashed before us, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that at times along the path of life there was only one set of footprints.

I noticed that it happened at the very lowestand saddest times of my life. This really botheredme and I questioned God about it. "God, you saidThat once I decided to follow you, you would walkWith me all the way, but I noticed that during the Most troublesome times in my life there is only oneSet of footprints. I don't understand why in timesWhen I needed you most, you would leave me."

God replied...

"My precious, precious child. I loveYou and I would never, never leave you during yourTimes of trials and suffering. When you see only oneSet of footprints it was then that I carried you."

No comments: